Stepping Stone Ranch
Stepping Stone Ranch offers in-house training for your horse. Whether you need a few finishing touches applied to your riding horse, you have a youngster who needs to learn the basics, or you would like your horse to become a better athlete by applying the principles of Dressage, Stepping Stone Ranch can help.
Ask us about training you to train your horse!
Training starts at $600 per month or $60 per session.
Contact us directly to discuss your specific needs.
Back to the Top
This GROUP class focuses on teaching you to safely and competently handle the basic training of a horse. Whether you own your own horse or are just interested in learning how to communicate better with horses, this class will get you started.
You will learn:
1) Basic and advanced techniques of lunging;
2) How horses learn;
3) Different types of training including clicker training techniques;
4) How to gain your horses respect;
5) Basic techniques of teaching the young horse new things (picking up feet, grooming, saddling, fly spraying, tying, etc.);
6) Trailering techniques (both loading and driving); and
7) Other techniques to answer your questions.
Generally this class will have 5-10 students in each class. Initially you will take turns with one horse, but once you have mastered the basics, you will break up into groups and work with many horses. If you have your own young (or not so young) horse you may bring your horse to these classes; otherwise we will work with the trained and not so trained horses at the barn. This is a two hour class and will be held weekly. This class will cost $50 per person per session. If you are interested in participating, please contact Vera Gannaway. New classes will be forming on a regular basis.
Back to the Top